Welcome to The World of Voice
About the Listen feature: ReadSpeaker webReader
With ReadSpeaker webReader, textual content on a website can be read aloud. In a single click, the text on the web page is read aloud and highlighted simultaneously so you can follow it smoothly, regardless of device or location. This makes content more accessible, and visiting the website becomes a more enriching experience. As a user, you don’t have to download anything.
How does it work?
Activate ReadSpeaker webReader by clicking the Listen button.
ReadSpeaker webReader allows you to:
- Select text and click the Listen button in the pop-up menu that appears to start reading the selected text.
- Hover over a paragraph of text so that it is read aloud automatically.
- View a clearer version of the web page with text in your preferred font, size, and colors while being read aloud and highlighted.
- Download an audio version of your content to listen to it without an Internet connection.
- Translate a selected text into several languages and listen to the text read in the translated language.
- Customize reading speed, highlight colors, and more.
- Select a word and look up its definition in the dictionary.
Clear instructions on how to use each function are provided in the help tool, located on the toolbar. Please refer to the help for ideas on how to make optimal use of the webReader features.
webReader can be activated, that is, you can fix attention on the Listen button with the access key “K”. The access key “L” will focus attention on the player and will also start reading. Many of the webReader tools and functions also have a specific access key. Access keys are activated with modifier keys, which vary depending on the browser and operating system used (you can check the list of modifier keys for the different environments here: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecla_de_access ).
Inside the player and the toolbar, that is, when the user has focused on the player, they can use tab / shift + tab to navigate and the Enter key to activate a certain button or option.
- Put the focus on the Listen button: modifier key + K
- Activate the webReader player: modifier key + L
- Open / close toolbar: modifier key + 1
- Open Help: modifier key + I
- Other keyboard shortcuts: see Help section
webReader works best with cookies enabled, as this allows saving the user’s personal settings between sessions.
Platforms and web browsers
webReader is a cross-platform solution that works regardless of the device. It should work with:
- All commonly used connected devices: PC, laptop, Chromebook, tablet, smartphone and more.
- The main operating systems: Windows, Chrome, Android, iOS, macOS, etc.
- The main browsers:
- for laptops and PCs: IE7 +, Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- for mobile devices: Safari and Chrome on iOS devices, Chrome on Android devices, Chrome and Edge on Windows Phone
For more information on ReadSpeaker, visit www.readspeaker.com